On this day a few weeks ago, I picked up a friend of mine from the ward, Sister Florence...to come visit with my two friends, Mike and Connie for a few hours. Florence is a youngster...only 107 yrs. young! She's simply amazing! Her stories of the 'old days' as a school teacher for 27 years are so fun to hear, especially the time her classroom was in an old train car...it was the passenger car, so it had windows. She had 6 or 7 students in that little 'schoolhouse'! And the best is when we asked her one time what is her 'secret' to staying alive so long...she replied, "Well, I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I do eat a bowl of ice-cream every night!" ha ha :)
I think this helped Mike and Connie a lot to see someone who is 18 and 21 years "older" than them still getting along so well and having such a great outlook on life...they enjoyed eating lunch together and watching a little 'Young and the Restless' on TV! ha (Aren't you just so jealous I have this job?! hee hee :)




No comments:
Post a Comment