Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It's getting warmer!!

Ok, I know we live in AZ and it's suppose to be getting warm...but we are about to hit the triple digits already and I'm not ready! It's been nice hitting some 78-82 degree days...but I don't want it any hotter for another month...but I'm afraid I have no choice in the matter! ugh!

We are all well and happy...well, Kenny did get a slight cold...which is a bummer for both our nights sleep...he can't sleep cause he can't breathe, and I can't sleep cause of the very loud snoring noises he makes...but luckily Cadey gave me some "super-duper, heavy duty EARPLUGS"!!! HA (Thanks, Cadey!) And we have a spare room set up now with a twin bed (originally for a foster child) so that has come in very handy for us a few nights...even though I vowed when we were first married I would never resort to separate bedrooms like mom and dad Bawden! :) It's looking more inviting as the years go on...but I'm still not totally convinced yet! Too young still! ha ha

Annie had another great week of running! She PR'd in the mile on Friday night at the Tribune Inv. at Westwood High. She took a 5th place with a time of 5:23, knocking 6 seconds off her previous best! Then she came back only an hour and half later and ran 2nd place in the two mile with a time of 11:42. She is still running the double (actually triple, cause she does work out with the team too!) workouts, but will be done with those on Saturday...so she's excited to see the times come down even further as she PEAKS and does some resting up for Region a week from today(April 30 and May 2). That's where she is planning on qualifying for state!

Sammy is winding down his Senior year and can also see the "finish line"! He just finished his Senior Research Paper late Sunday night...well....actually EARLY Monday morning! :) And he's now working on his make up work for seminary so he can graduate from seminary....yes, Dad won't let that slip! His newest "baby" is a little Pit Bike...he and Jake bought together...they found some good deals on a couple of them...now if they can just get them running, they should have some fun on them! ha ha No, just kidding, one of them runs...and they're close to getting the other one up and running...good mechanic skills are being born in both of these boys! :) Sam has worked on his cars now for the past three years, and we are very impressed with the mechanic skills he's basically taught himself...he's amazing at it!

Jacob has had a few days off from AZ Firebird Construction, since they are in between jobs right now...so that's been fun to have him home a bit more! He even went on a few hill workouts with his sis and helped her better her average time by two seconds for 15 hills! On Saturday, we stopped to do the hills on the way back from doing grandpa and grandma's (Bawden) yard...and he didn't have any shoes, only slippers for the first 6...until Sammy brought them...and so that was funny to see him keeping up with Annie with slippers on! ha That guy never ceases to amaze me! Monday morning he got a bloody nose and said Annie punched him in the nose! ha ha I'm sure she felt like it a few times! But we had the Rocky music blasting and it was lots of fun! :)

Well, have a great week...oh, yes...only 17 more days 'til I get to talk to my missionary son!! :)

...and yes...Kaden is walking REALLY GOOD now!! He's almost turned PRO!! hee hee :)

No comments: