
Ok, I know I said I'd do this long ago!! Sorry! I hope you didn't give up on me!
I've been thinking I'd begin with the basics...and see if I can handle it...so don't expect anything too spectacular, k? ha ha
Life is grande for us all here in the Bawden home! We have much to be grateful for and many things that keep us learning, growing and hopefully becoming closer to being like our dear Savior...We truly desire to do this anyhow, even though we fall short many times.
I will give a brief update on our family....starting with the cutest and newest member....hee hee :)
KADEN KENNETH...He is 10 1/2 months old, very fun, and is WALKING!! Yep, he has been crawling sin
ce he was 5 months old...and has been walking around furniture for a few months now, and just this past week has been getting braver and braver about letting go of the furniture for a few steps...but on Saturday, April 12th, Jessica, Kaden, Ann and I went over to the track to watch Annie run her 32 "in's and out's" (100 m at her race pace with a job 100 m in between!) and as we sat on the football field Kaden started walking to Jess and I...he kept watching Aunt Annie run by and we'd clap and cheer her on...and then all of a sudden he just took off walking about 5-7 steps at a time! :) It was so fun!! So Aunt 'Racehorse' Annie was his inspiration!! ha ha
ANNIE...She's doing amazing things with running right now! She's inspiring to us all! She has decided to do some 'extra' workouts other than what her coach has her do each day, and that has made some incredible improvements in just the two weeks of doing them...she and I get up each morning and drive 20 min. away to La Senda's (the only area around Mesa with hills!) and she does 15 hills (about 400 m long), I follow her in the car up the hill, and then drive her down in the car and she does it again...just like the good old days in Price, when Misty and I did the "dreaded hill workouts" with our coach...Dad. :) (Remember the fun we had, Mis? ha ha) So yes, the LEGEND AND TRADITION is living on!! But already Ann has seen great dividends...last Friday night at the Queen Creek Invitational here in the valley of the sun (it was 89 degrees that day, but by the time she ran it was a perfect 65 degrees!) she ran the 3200m and knocked 40 seconds off her previous time a few weeks earlier, running it in 11:37.91 (only .4 off from qualifying for State...11:37.52 is qualifying time) She also broke the 7 yr. old school record of 11:46...so it was a fabulous night for Annie...she was on cloud nine and now she's working to getting it down even further and also setting the school record in the 1600m too! OH, yes...she got braces last week too! Chelsea works at an orthodontist here in Mesa, so she got to help put them on...and yes, she chose teal and black for her bands...Highland High Hawk colors! :)SAMUEL JUAN...He's doing great and as many of you know has had an incredible experience in helping
his boss and cousin with the Reflections of Christ photography exhibit in the Mesa Temple Visitor Center. If you want more information on this and want to watch the documentary and see the exhibit online go to the website at: www.reflectionsofchrist.org It's incredible and has been such a testimony builder for Sammy and so many! He's getting excited for graduation next month from Desert Ridge High and looks forward to putting in his mission papers by July! So life is good for Samuel...he also just received his Patriarchal Blessing a few weeks ago...and that was a very special experience for him, especially since his patriarch is his Grandpa Bawden! :) We are so blessed to have him as our grandpa...and to be close to him and grandma here in Mesa. Oh, yeh, he sold his BMW (finally!) and now has an old 1986 Toyota truck...it reminds me of Mater on the movie "Cars" !! ha ha...It's even orange! :)ELDER DAN...Well, most of you probably get Elder Daniel's letters each week so you know how he is doing....Fabulous!
He's learning and growing so much! We are very proud and happy for him and all he is doing and accomplishing out in West Virginia/Virginia. He's going on his 11 month mark now and we are looking forward to Mother's Day when we can talk on the phone with him! He recently had a testimony builder after conference of being more obedient and he cut his hair really short (when he sends me a picture, I'll send it to the blog!)...he said he wanted to be completely obedient and LOOK like a missionary for the Lord! His mom is so proud of him and loves him and misses him terribly, but glad he is where he is...I wouldn't want it any other way!JACOB...His big exciting news recently was going out to his little bro's mission!
He got to be right along side Dan as "Elder Bawden" too for about 4 days! That trip not only got him even more excited for his mission, but he was so glad to be there with his brother. Jake is still working for AZ Firebird Construction as a assistant foreman. He's a hard worker and his boss is trying to talk him into becoming a head foreman, but Jake's sights are still on a mission. He's not sure what he'll be doing this summer, but there's a possibility he'll be moving out and going to school somewhere...he's still working on the details. He recently bought an orange car too...a 1991 Z 28 Camero, so now we house two "P.O.S.M." vehicles at our house! (Kenny made that up, it stands for Piece Of Sheet Metal! ha)
ISE AND CHELSEA ROO...are in love more than ever! They are currently learning much patience as they are trying to find a house here in the valley. It's a good time to buy houses right now, but they are being challenged as each home they've made an offer seems to have a glitch...and it falls through...but they are hopeful that they will soon have a home found. Their contract is up on their apartment May 15th, so they are shooting for this date to be in a home! They both recently underwent job relocating...since the Skyline Physical Therapy downsized. So Chelsea works at an orthodontist in Mesa and is enjoying it for the most part. And Isaac is going to MCC and has bought the carpet cleaning business, Willis Quality Carpet Care. They both are looking forward (and so am I !) when Father in heaven sees fit to send them a sweet angel baby...they are learning many valuable lessons. I know when it is right, this sweet baby will come to them! :)
ABE AND JESS...are doing fabulous as newly married folks and parents...and are very happy. And of course, as I mentioned earlier, Kaden is the joy of their lives! He is so lucky to have such wonderful parents...they have their own blog spot you can visit too, it is: www.theabebawdenfamily.blogspot.com Abe is working for Nationwide Insurance still and loves it, he even gets to speak Spanish on a regular basis with his customers, so that has been good! Jessica started working to help for a short time with the finances at a assistant living center in Chandler as a med-tech. And other than having to be away from Kaden, she seems to enjoy it. Grandma (me!) is the designated babysitter for Kaden, along with Jessica's mom sometimes, so that has been good and really fun for me! :)
KENNY AND I...just happy to be here! Kenny's job as assistant Area Director of the AZ Southwest Area has been more of a challenge since last fall when the area director, Craig Olsen, was diagnosed with colon cancer. But things are looking very good for Bro. Olsen and he's been able to come back to work, so we are happy for him and his family. Kenny is traveling a lot more than usual throughout this very large area, he went to New Mexico all last week, and the Las Vegas area a few weeks before. So it is keeping him busy, along with his church calling of first counselor in the bishopric, but he handles it well and I'm learning lots of valuable lessons as well. I was taking care of our foster baby, Modesty Ann, for about 3 months, but she was placed in a relatives home the end of February, so I just tend Kaden now about 4 times a week. I asked CPS to put me on the list for a 5-8 yr. old child, but they have not placed one in our home as of yet...it's a popular age, I guess. So I'm loving being a grandma and a mommy and a coach to Annie! ha :) Also, I just got a new calling in our ward...Nursery Leader! I love it...they are so cute at that age!



3 comments:
Lisa,
Fantastic job!! Way to go. This is something that takes a while to learn. Good job! I love it!
I am so excited you are posting! Your blog looks great and you will learn a lot as you go.
Love you tell the kids Hi!
I'm glad you have a blog! I hope you post on it often. It will be fun to keep up with you that way. It's fun to read about everyone-- tell Annie awesome job for me on breaking the record! I'm so excited that she did so well. She's so sweet-- it was really fun to spend some time with her last month. Tell her I'd still love to have her visit this summer. I'll try to make it more interesting than the last time that Carter and I bored her to death... :)
Post a Comment