My extended family (brother/sisters and their families) got together for the first time in three years last week! We had such a nice time together! We went fishing with Grandpa Larson on Friday in the Uinta Mountains...Moose Lake. It was such a beautiful day...even when it rained! We fished, canoed, and picnicked together all afternoon. It was great to be together again! Just missed our dear mother...she felt she needed to stay home and get a job since she had been 'vacationing' with Zachary and his new wife, Meghan in Washington and Canada for their wedding!
All 25 of us (10 adults, 15 kids!) hiked up to Timpanogas Caves in American Fork Canyon on Saturday...it rained all morning so we were debating whether or not to go, but since Misty got up early (after only 4 hrs of sleep! :) to get the tickets...(they were free that day for National Parks Day!), we decided to go and hope the rain would stop...and with some coaxing from our 'adventurous' brother, Byron, we went! And it was beautiful...the rain stopped and the sun came out and it was perfect! We were a little late (of course, we're not nicknamed the "Late Larson's" for nothing!) so we had to hike the mile and half thousand foot climb in about an hour, which normally takes 1 1/2 hrs! So we had a good workout! The caves were awesome! Here's some pics...Enjoy!
I feel so blessed to have the family I have and the incredible people they all are! I'm so glad I got to be with them last week...I look forward to going to the caves again in 200 yrs. or 20,000 yrs. from now and seeing the stalagmites and stalagtites joined together! That's when Ranger Monica told us a couple formations will be touching! I said, "Ok, we'll be back then!" The more I've thought of that, the more it has made me think of eternity and how incredible eternity will be...with my family, extended and immediate...I am so grateful for the truths of the gospel that allow this wonderful blessing!
Let's all do all we can to keep the commandments and endure to the end so we can have no empty chairs! I love you all and want to be with you all forever!
~~~Love you...Lisa oxoxoxoxo~~~ :)




No comments:
Post a Comment