Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year of 2009!!

Yeh, I know I'm very bad at posting these blogs of our lives...sorry! I'm really really disorganized in my life right now (more so than usual!! ha)...I guess working full time outside the home is taking a toll on my "fun extras" in life...I just don't seem to have the time or have "my turn" on the computer at night to get it done...but here goes an attempt, since I only have a few more days off work....:)

Here's some of my FAVORITES this Christmas Season...

1. TALKING WITH MY MISSIONARY SON, D-MAN!!! I'm so blessed to have such a valiant son serving the Lord right now, his example is an incredible blessing to our home! We had such a nice talk with him...I miss him so much and it does my mother heart good to hear his voice and really put him on the "alive and well" list once again! I am just so pleased with him and how well he's doing! He's been given a wonderful companion right now...a long distant cousin...Elder Fullmer! Elder Fullmer's great grandma is Leon's (Dan's grandpa Bawden) sister! So that is neat for him...especially since Elder Fullmer is so full of faith,loves to work hard and compliments Daniel's teaching abilities...he's loving serving with him. We also put Dan on speaker phone at the end of the talk and he wanted to give us a thought...it was so neat to hear him teaching us all...then we had a family prayer...Kenny gave it...it was very comforting and special for our family...especially since Sammy is leaving soon on his mission.

2. Having my other children and family near(Kenny's family, my mom, and friends) this Christmas and sharing many spiritual, funny and memorable times together with everyone. And especially seeing my little grandson, Kaden, open his presents and play with them...He's the light of my life in so many ways!

3. Getting to drive down to Nogales, Mexico the day after Christmas to see my dear friend and sister from another mother, Cecilia...Kenny and I decided to take her all her things personally instead of getting eachother much for Christmas...just small things we had already purchased. Mom got to go with us and it was so fun to see Cecilia's face of joy and excitement to see us for those 5 hours and have those wonderful "Cecilia Hugs and Kisses"...although it was so hard to say good-bye, for it could be a very long time before I see her again (she left for Chihuahua to be with her family this week)...but as we sat in the little 'make-shift' chapel in the homeless shelter with her, Kenny and I sang, "God Be With You Til We Meet Again"...and we prayed with her...that is a memory I will have forever in my mind...the Spirit was very strong...and I know Father in heaven will look after my dear Mija until we meet again. Knowing this great lady has given me such a clearer perspective on my life and the many things I have been given and blessed with. I will forever be grateful Father sent me such a dear friend as Cecilia to teach me these things.

4. Being with my Sammy for the 'last' Christmas in two years...to see him growing so much this past year or so and hearing his sweet testimony through prayers and talking...I'm so blessed to have him and to have another worthy son to serve the Lord...Thank you, Sammy...I love you and miss you terribly already.

Well, I'll not bore you all any longer! But I do hope you all know how special you each are in my life and how thankful I am for each of your lives who have touched me through the years...

Have a Prosperous, Safe and Spirit-filled year of 2009!!!

Love always, Lisa :) oxoxoxo

No comments: