Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas Happenings!!

My Fav's about Christmas 2011...(not in order!)

*Being with my sweet family playing games at the MCC Institute Christmas Eve Day!

*Talking to Elder Jacob Byron on Christmas Day...Skyping on the computer!! Especially when I had my 'special alone time' with him while everyone else ate dinner! =) So HAPPY HE IS HAPPY! =)

*Christmas wrapping of presents to my family!

*Sewing/crocheting some gifts to my family! (The Nativities given to my children...our family heirloom nativity and replicas...were so fun to do for them! =)

* ZooLight Outing with my 3 oldest grandchildren! (The Phoenix Zoo puts lights up at the zoo!)

*Christmas Lights at the Mesa Temple and concert with my dear friend, Julie!

*Picking out and sending gifts off to my dear sister, Misty, and her family!

*Loving visits with my extended family...on phone or at their homes.

*My sweet gifts from my kids...Beautiful Dinner Plates and Tablecloth for Family Dinners! And beautiful picture for hanging some of my most precious pictures on of some of my favorite people in my life...My GRANDCHILDREN! =) I LOVE IT!!! (Thank you my beautiful children!)

*Hosting a Christmas dinner with Bawden siblings at our home...we had such fun visiting with much laughing and sharing great memories!

*Christmas morning alone with my hunny and I opening each others gifts...it's official again, my hunny has a wedding ring again...third one I've bought him since we were married 28 yrs ago!

*Dear friends and family sending us so many goodies, cards, and family pics and updates! We love all of you dearly and count you as great 'treasures' of our lives!

*Putting on a little "Christmas Nativity Play" with my grandchildren, a few days after Christmas...Kaden was Joseph, Taimon was baby Jesus, Allyson was the Angel--(wearing Aunt Annie's blessing dress, just like Annie use to do til she was 4 yrs!), Graham was a Shepherd and Claire a Sheep...but she was wondering! And I was Mary...Kaden narrated it as grama told him what to say...they did so good! I look forward to rekindling this little tradition each year now with my grandchildren! ;)

*Sunday morning Sacrament Meeting on Christmas Day! (Added bonus: my sweet son Isaac and his amazing family and dear friend, Adrian, got to sit with me, so I wasn't alone!) So uplifting and beautiful...thank you, Houston's and Dopp Family! (The Dopp's beautiful rendition of Away in the Manger with their strings...violins, violas, and cello! Such a beautiful touch to Christmas morning!)

*Christmas Brunch at the Gomey's! Love this TRADITION!! Thanks so much Dave and Tammy for all your work! We love you guys and so blessed to call you family!

*Christmas Program with my little Preschool Friends! They all did such an AMAZING JOB...so proud of them and love them so much! =)

*Sending a Christmas Tree to my Elder Jake and his companion! Descendant of Lawrence...TERRANCE! ha!

*Sending Christmas money from our "Christmas Jar" coins we have saved through the whole year to my dear amiga/hermana, Cecilia, in Chihuahua Mexico...she was so happy!

**The greatest gift I received...my Mija (Cecilia) accepting to take the missionary lessons! I asked her if she would give me that gift...and she accepted and has had the missionaries come one time so far and is looking forward to hearing the rest of the lessons over the next month or so! I'm praying this gives her purpose and meaning to her troubled life! I love you, Mija! =) xoxo

*My love for the Savior is growing and my love for His gospel plan of happiness! I know He lives, I know He is there for each one of us...as we LET HIM IN...as the song by one of my favorite artists, Michael McLean sings in the musical, 'Forgotten Carols'...I know as we each strive to let Him in more each day, we can have this incredible Christmas feeling throughout the whole year! This is my quest for myself this year of 2012...LOVE YOU ALL...XOXO Lisa Ann

1 comment:

Jena said...

im glad I got to see you guys for the first time in 15 years in 2011! Congrats on the new babies and new family members!